[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Clustered jBPM

M Arnold do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jan 9 13:31:08 EST 2012

M Arnold [http://community.jboss.org/people/marnold] created the discussion

"Clustered jBPM"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/645513#645513

Hi,

I'm evaluating jBPM 5.2.  I have a doubt after reading this section of the document:  http://docs.jboss.org/jbpm/v5.2/userguide/ch05.html#d0e1811  5.8.7. Multi-threading , specifically:

 Therefore, we only allow one thread to be processing a specific process instance at each time.

Does jBPM rely on this?  I would like to run jBPM inside multple instances of JBoss AS 5.1. If I have a process which uses a gateway to split into multiple parallel workflows, and these workflows each execute asynchronous tasks, what would happen these tasks completed in separate instances of jBPM at the same time?  Could this lead to the same process instance executing twice at the same time?  If so, is it possible to lock on the persistence store (which is shared) or a clustered EJB entity, instead of just at a JVM level?

Thanks in advance for any info.