[jboss-user] [jBPM] - User Task Assignment and Assignment Restrictions

Charlie B do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jan 12 21:08:04 EST 2012

Charlie B [https://community.jboss.org/people/charliebarjel] created the discussion

"User Task Assignment and Assignment Restrictions"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/646585#646585

Hi,

I have just started using JBPM5, and have a few questions concerning user task assignments and restrictions.

I have built my process using various User Tasks. Each time I complete a Task, I pass in specific parameters which a gateway uses to determine the next possible course of action (which task to execute next) and who to assign the next task to. For instance, when completing the 'Develop' task, I pass in 'assignTo=johnsmith' and 'result=SubmitForReview'.
This is working quite fine, but if there is a better way to do this, please do tell. I am open to suggestions.

 https://community.jboss.org/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/2-646585-17767/Rules.jpg  https://community.jboss.org/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/2-646585-17767/450-382/Rules.jpg
What I am trying to figure out, if there is someway (progromatically through the API) to determine:

1. What are the next possible courses of action? (From Development it can be 'Review' or 'Approve')
2. Who can perform each one of these tasks?

The only way I can figure to achieve somethiing like this, is provide the information in each tasks 'Content' property. If this is the way to do it, how do I access the 'Content' of each task through the API?

While I can determine all these things quite easily in my application logic, it would be a great benefit if I can keep all this logic in JBPM and seperate my business rules from the workflow logic.

I know from my knowledge of JBPM*3*, that you can achieve somethinig like this quite simply. Is it possible in JBPM5?

Thanks

Charlie B