[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Can parent and child process use the same processInstanceId?

sandeep kumar do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jan 13 07:52:00 EST 2012

sandeep kumar [https://community.jboss.org/people/sandeep_jbpm5] created the discussion

"Can parent and child process use the same processInstanceId?"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/646678#646678

Hi JBPM Users,
 I have a query, The Problem description is as follows “I have a main process that contains a re-usable sub process. When the process gets executed there will be two processInstanceId; one for parent and other one for child. My question is
1) Is it possible that both the process generates same process instance id?
2) Can Child process get parent processInstance Id? Is there any API for that (Because we can get that by setting the process parameter)?
3)   Can Parent process get child processInstance Id?