[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: no success increasing number of redelivery attempts

stupormundi do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jan 13 11:12:55 EST 2012

stupormundi [https://community.jboss.org/people/stupormundi] created the discussion

"Re: no success increasing number of redelivery attempts"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/646730#646730

Sorry for the late reponse, other tasks kept me from getting back to this piece of code  :(

I've now set useDLQ=false on the MDB, and indeed, now redelivery attempts aren't limited to 5. I get the impression that redelivery attempts now go on forever. In this particular case, that may be preferable to 'only 5 times', maybe. However, generally, infinite message redelivery attempts aren't always acceptable.

What I would really want is that the config in messaging-service.xml , attribute "DefaultMaxDeliveryAttempts" , is respected (or some more fine-grained config, per queue or per MDB).

I saw some reports which maybe indicate this is a known problem in AS 5. Can anyone confirm this?

Start a new discussion in JBoss Messaging at Community
[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2042]