[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Programmatically assigning a human task to a user/role in runtime

Arun V G do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 18 00:39:38 EST 2012

Arun V G [https://community.jboss.org/people/arunvg] created the discussion

"Programmatically assigning a human task to a user/role in runtime"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/647282#647282

Hi All,

I am trying to enhance the JBPM5 Web Example (  http://community.jboss.org/people/bpmn2user/blog/2011/09/21/jbpm5-web-example http://community.jboss.org/people/bpmn2user/blog/2011/09/21/jbpm5-web-example) for the technical evaluation of  JBPM .With the support of the forum and the previous discussion I was able  the set the  example up in Jboss 7 ,Oracle 11 g environment .

Further to this I have to demonstrate the capability of programmatically assign tasks to various roles and users . As of now the example shows that the Assignment of tasks to the users
are done in the bpmn file

as below

<potentialOwner>
        <resourceAssignmentExpression>
          <formalExpression>john</formalExpression>
        </resourceAssignmentExpression>
</potentialOwner>

As the configuration of users and roles in a customer application is bound to change  can we programmtically assign a task to a user  or role after checking the (runtime) configurations.It would be very difficult and hindering to propose that the User/Roles can be changed only by changing the process definition that is the BPMN file.

Or in brief

 *I want to seperate User/Role  assignements from the process definition and want to determine the* *User/Role* *in runtime to which the  task is assigned. Is it possible Any hint ?*

Thanks for the help  :) *
*