[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: dataInputAssociation <assignment> expressions

M Arnold do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jan 23 06:12:06 EST 2012

M Arnold [https://community.jboss.org/people/marnold] created the discussion

"Re: dataInputAssociation <assignment> expressions"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/648153#648153

Thanks Tihomir, that helps a lot.

A couple of further questions would help me to get beyond the basics if you have the time.

1. Supposing my process variable, event, is an XML document.  Is it possible to create an <assignment> that will use a XPath expression to select only a certain part of the XML document (a single element's text value, say) and assign to a data input of my task?

2. Supposing my process variable, event, is a Java object.  Is it possible to create an <assignment> that will use the result of a Java method of the object (e.g event.getId()) and assign to a data input of my task?

Thanks