[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Handling Faults leads to log entry: cvc-id.2: There are multiple occurrences of ID value 'TestException'.

sebb do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jan 24 05:53:23 EST 2012

sebb [https://community.jboss.org/people/sebb] created the discussion

"Handling Faults leads to log entry: cvc-id.2: There are multiple occurrences of ID value 'TestException'."

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/648364#648364

While trying to figure how to deal with exceptions I found the way by "catching" Error Events with a Signal. In order to be able to catch an Error Event I have to do the following things:

1. Add the metadata key "ErrorEvent" with value "FaultName" of my ErrorEvent (in my case: ErrorEvent:TestException).
2. Define the EventType of the Signal with a combination of "Error-[node id of subprocess]-[FaultName of my ErrorEvent]" (in my case: Error-_6-TestException).

But as soon as I do this the log shows the following entries:

(null: 19, 61): cvc-id.2: There are multiple occurrences of ID value 'TestException'.
(null: 19, 61): cvc-attribute.3: The value 'TestException' of attribute 'id' on element 'error' is not valid with respect to its type, 'ID'.

I dont even understand those entries. Of course I will have multiple occurences of the same ID if I reference to it inside my process.

Any opinions to that problem?

Thanks  :)