[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: jbpm installer: integration with custom application

Matthias Richter do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jan 24 08:52:48 EST 2012

Matthias Richter [https://community.jboss.org/people/matthias_r] created the discussion

"Re: jbpm installer: integration with custom application"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/648409#648409

> Are you using maven in your application? adding the jbpm dependencies to your application is the first step. Once you get some process working inside your app, you can start looking at how you can monitor those processes using the console. Are you sure that you want to use the jBPM console? or do you want to have your own task lists inside your existing application?
yes, I'm using maven, dependencies are already there. Using the existing console is just fine for the start.

> Are you sure that you want to embed the engine inside your app? or do you want to use it as a service?
that is the probably best question. I thought jbpm is already deployed so I do not need to embed it. How do I use it as a service? And if I embed it, would it be the best way to bind it to the same repository for persistence?