[jboss-user] [JBoss Web Services] - WS compression

Jozko Mrkvicka do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jan 26 04:21:25 EST 2012

Jozko Mrkvicka [https://community.jboss.org/people/jozko] created the discussion

"WS compression"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/648798#648798

Hi all,

I am using jboss-4.2.3.GA. My own web services is running on this jboss server and  I am using Java application as java applet inside web page to call this services. I want to compress response from web service (because are transfered large dates), but I don't know how set it on Jboss server.

I finded some solutions of this problem as:
 - adding attribute +compression="on"+ into +<connector>+ definition in file +server.xml+
 - change +InvocationMarshaller+ and +InvocationUnMarshaller+ to +CompressingMarshaller+ and +CompressingUnMarshaller+ in +jboss-service.xml+

This solutions works only for standard HTML page and others types, but not for web service response. I try and test this in application SoapUI, where I call web service and read header of response.
Is needed something other to configure on jboss server? Or what I must do to set compressing of web service response.

Can you help me please?
Thanks a lot.

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2044]