[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Serializable hates me!

nt2005 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jan 26 05:39:27 EST 2012

nt2005 [https://community.jboss.org/people/nt2005] created the discussion

"Serializable hates me!"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/648810#648810

Hey Guys,

That is my line of codes I´m using, to start a process in an enventoriy:
EntityManagerFactory emf = entityManager.getEntityManagerFactory();
        TransactionManagerService tms = new TransactionManagerService();

        Environment env = KnowledgeBaseFactory.newEnvironment();
        env.set(EnvironmentName.ENTITY_MANAGER_FACTORY, emf);
        env.set(EnvironmentName.TRANSACTION_MANAGER, tms.getTransactionManager());

        // load up the knowledge base
        KnowledgeBase kbase = readKnowledgeBase(processid);

        StatefulKnowledgeSession ksession = JPAKnowledgeService.newStatefulKnowledgeSession(kbase, null, env);

          //workitems
          // hidden

          process = ksession.startProcess("de.toni.myprocess", params);

The problem is, that all classes must implement java.io.Serializable.

I got this problem at my own classes <- I can fix (implement Serializable)
I got this problem at Buffered BufferedImage <- I can "fix", I use int[] instead
I got this problem at  org.drools.persistence.jpa.processinstance.JPAWorkItemManager <- What The Hell??? I CANT FIX!

I don´t use this class so jbpm use it... I´m a little bit angry about that, maybe someone can help me, please.

ERROR [org.drools.persistence.SingleSessionCommandService] Could not commit session: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: IOException while storing workItem 39: org.drools.persistence.jpa.processinstance.JPAWorkItemManager
    at org.drools.persistence.info.WorkItemInfo.update(WorkItemInfo.java:129) [:5.3.1.Final]
    at org.drools.persistence.jpa.processinstance.JPAWorkItemManager.internalExecuteWorkItem(JPAWorkItemManager.java:44) [:5.3.1.Final]
    at org.jbpm.workflow.instance.node.WorkItemNodeInstance.internalTrigger(WorkItemNodeInstance.java:105) [:5.2.0.Final]
    at org.jbpm.workflow.instance.impl.NodeInstanceImpl.trigger(NodeInstanceImpl.java:122) [:5.2.0.Final]
    at org.jbpm.workflow.instance.impl.NodeInstanceImpl.triggerConnection(NodeInstanceImpl.java:185) [:5.2.0.Final]
    at org.jbpm.workflow.instance.impl.NodeInstanceImpl.triggerCompleted(NodeInstanceImpl.java:150) [:5.2.0.Final]