[jboss-user] [JBoss Microcontainer] - How does jboss-structure.xml's moditification attribute influence classpath in JBoss 5.1?

Piotr Findeisen do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jan 26 07:19:18 EST 2012

Piotr Findeisen [https://community.jboss.org/people/findepi] created the discussion

"How does jboss-structure.xml's moditification attribute influence classpath in JBoss 5.1?"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/648842#648842

Hi All,

I am trying to deploy on JBoss 5.1 an application that correctly deploys and runs on JBoss 4.2.3.
Appart from obvious class loading configuration issues (we use parent-last policy, so the configuration must be altered, i.e. jboss-classloading.xml had to be created) I'm having trouble with class path scanning.

The problem is: I am unable to persuade JBoss 5.1 to unpack EAR into tmp dir +and+ have classpath reference the unpacked files. Without this, i cannot create JarInputStream to read all files. I know about Snowdrop, but Snowdrop solves the problem in Spring and here the class path scanning is +not+ done by Spring, it is done by application code.

Project structure:

my.ear
-  my.jar
    - com.example.Some.class
-  my.war
[...]

When i do something like classLoader.getResources("com.example") it returns something like
vfszip:/opt/jboss5/server/default/deploy/my.ear/my.jar/com/example/
What i would like to get is something like below, so that i can locate and read the jar by myself:
jar:/opt/jboss5/server/default/tmp/deploy/e3y2872343-my.ear/my.jar!com/example/
Is it somehow possible?

Thanks,
Piotr

Start a new discussion in JBoss Microcontainer at Community
[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2114]