[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] - Re: Extending JBoss Server

Kamesh Sampath do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jan 26 12:22:10 EST 2012

Kamesh Sampath [https://community.jboss.org/people/kamesh_sampath] created the discussion

"Re: Extending JBoss Server"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/648906#648906

Hi Rob,

Thanks a lot for your insight. I kind of acheived what I want using a mechanism of extension points like you already have for beahvior.

I tried to create two new extension points serverTypesExtesion and runtimeTypesExtension, these two extension points would allow the extenders to add their Custom JBoss servers as the alias for the serverTypes/runtimeTypes defined in the jboss.as.core plugin.  then i made a small tweak to the XPathModel static method where you set up the rtPortsFile Hashmap to add the extended runtime ports. There you go i was able to see the default ports coming up.

If my approach above sounds good to you, i can open a ticket and I can contribute a patch and we can take it from there.

Right now I am facing the same issue with the Pollers  :(  , trying to write my custom Poller as again we have the id checks... Do you have any thoughts around that.

--Kamesh

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]