[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] - Annotations are missing from generated entities using reverse engineering

Alper Akture do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jan 27 15:31:56 EST 2012

Alper Akture [https://community.jboss.org/people/shlamalama] created the discussion

"Annotations are missing from generated entities using reverse engineering"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/649190#649190

I'm connecting to a teradata intance and using the Eclipse plugin to generate entities off several views. The views don't have any primary key set, so I have declared these in the reverse eng xml file. When I generate the entities, I get java files that do not have any hibernate annotations. There is one table with 250+ columns, so I really need this.

The teradata information is:

Teradata Database 13.10.02.08
com.teradata.jdbc.TeraDriver
14.00.00.05

Here's a snippet from the reveng.xml:

  <primary-key>

  <key-column name="MBR_UNIQ_KEY" />
  </primary-key>

and my hibernate.cfg.xml:

<hibernate-configuration>
 <session-factory name="Teradata">
  <property name="hibernate.connection.driver_class">com.teradata.jdbc.TeraDriver</property>
  <property name="hibernate.connection.password">password</property>
<property name="hibernate.connection.url">jdbc:teradata://host</property>
  <property name="hibernate.connection.username">username</property>
  <property name="hibernate.default_schema">U01TKE_GRPR_RADMT_VW</property>
<property name="hibernate.dialect">org.hibernate.dialect.TeradataDialect</property>
 </session-factory>
</hibernate-configuration>

And this entity get's generated like so:

/**
 * AcxiomData generated by hbm2java
 */
public class AcxiomData  implements java.io.Serializable {

private String mbrUniqKey;
private String mbrId;
private String mbrFirstNm;
     private char mbrMidinit;