[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] - Re: Starting server added to launch history

James Wilson do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jan 30 05:22:04 EST 2012

James Wilson [https://community.jboss.org/people/jcw_at_mjc] created the discussion

"Re: Starting server added to launch history"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/649400#649400

Hi Max

I've added the server to my Servers view. I select it and then press the "Start the server in debug mode" button on the Servers view toolbar. When I want to run my application I usually click on the Debug button on the main Eclipse toolbar, which launches the last configuration run. In my Ganymede setup (so I think JBoss Tools 3.0) that didn't include starting the JBoss AS server, but in Indigo/JBoss Tools 3.3 it does. Thus the tooltip for the debug button becomes "Debug JBossv 4.2 at localhost (already running)", and if I click on it I get a message box stating:
+'Launching JBoss v4.2 at localhost' has encountered a problem.+
+Server port In Ue 80080-Http+
In the Servers view my JBoss 4.2 server then shows as stopped. I can start it again and it all works fine after that.

The applications I work on most often have the server call some native code, so if I've run some of that I have to stop the server in order to overwrite the DLL, hence I probably re-start my server far more frequently than most people.

I hope that makes sense, let me know if there's anything else I can tell you.

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]