[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] - Re: Extending JBoss Server

Rob Stryker do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jan 31 11:20:53 EST 2012

Rob Stryker [https://community.jboss.org/people/rob.stryker] created the discussion

"Re: Extending JBoss Server"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/649702#649702

Hi Kamesh:

Are you still having an issue with pollers?

I could potentially add in an additional extension point, to add your own server-type mapping to specific polling id's.  Currently we have a poller extension point like this:

|   <serverPoller |
|          | class="org.jboss.ide.eclipse.as.core.server.internal.v7.JBoss7ManagerServicePoller" |
|          | id="org.jboss.ide.eclipse.as.core.server.JBoss7ManagerServicePoller" |
|          | name="JBoss 7 Manager Service" |
|          | serverTypes="org.jboss.ide.eclipse.as.70,org.jboss.ide.eclipse.as.71,org.jboss.ide.eclipse.as.eap.60" |
|          | supportsShutdown="true" |
|          | supportsStartup="true"> |
| </serverPoller> |

I could perhaps add something like:
<serverPollerMapping   pollerId="org.jboss.ide.eclipse.as.core.server.JBoss7ManagerServicePoller" serverTypes="your.custom.server.type"/>

But of course some other changes would need to be made where the pollers vs the server type are being discovered. This is in org.jboss.ide.eclipse.as.core.ExtensionManager in the method named loadPollers.  Might require some work though, but I'm sure it could be done.

Let me know if you want to work on a patch for this.

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]