[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: Resuming processes revisited

Richard Evans do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jul 4 12:51:08 EDT 2012

Richard Evans [https://community.jboss.org/people/r3vans] created the discussion

"Re: Resuming processes revisited"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/746150#746150

Hello again. Thanks for your reply. Sorry I was drawn into something else for a couple of days...

Let me try to understand. I understand how I can have something in my process that fields a signal. I am not sure how I get that to move my process forward only if it is in certain places in the flow (where I used to have the timers.

Consider a flow like this:

[Call external API1 SR] ==> (timer1) ==> [Get API1Response] ==>[Call extenal API2]  ==> (timer2)  ==> [Get API2Response] ==> (END)

If the timers don't trigger when I resume the session, can I replace this with something like ...

         [Call external API1 SR] ==> (SignalHandler) ==> [Get API1Response] ==>[Call extenal API2]  ==> (SignalHandler)  ==> [Get API2Response] ==> (END)

... and have an external signal generator that will cause any (SignalHandler) node to resume execution at the next step? I have lots of processes with many timers so I'd not want to have a separate signal to replace each timer in each process. I obviously don't want the signal to divert the line of execution unless it was at the handler.

Regards,
Richard