[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] - Re: No Messages under Hibernate Code Generation

Denis Golovin do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jul 5 17:49:40 EDT 2012

Denis Golovin [https://community.jboss.org/people/dgolovin] created the discussion

"Re: No Messages under Hibernate Code Generation"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/746507#746507

> Jerry Gustanski wrote:
>
> What sort of messages should I be seeing if I am trying to +export schema to database+?

Jerry, My hope was you see staktraces for exceptions that aren't redirected to eclipse Error Log View or any signs of what is going wrong. But it looks like something wrong with error handling and exceptions just ignored (we need to check that to be sure it is).

To avoid lock exceptions with HSQL just start it in server mode as it is explained  https://community.jboss.org/docs/DOC-14956 here for HSQL 1.8,1 and youl be able to open it id Database tree and use for HCG at the same time.
> Jerry Gustanski wrote:
>
> Fixing the lock problem, still no messages are produced, good or bad, but the tables are created.  I tried starting windows from the command processor, still no messages.
What kind of message do you expect if everything is fine? I guess you mean that after generation there is no visual representation for results, right? Nothing opened, selected or pop up to show something was generated. Is that what you mean?

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]