[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: JBOSS Connection Issue with MQ

forum khan do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jul 9 06:39:52 EDT 2012

forum khan [https://community.jboss.org/people/forum.khan] created the discussion

"Re: JBOSS Connection Issue with MQ"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/746897#746897

The issue was due to improper packaging of .rar file [Caused by: java.util.zip.ZipException: error in opening zip file]

By modifying the properties reconnectionRetryCount = 5 and reconnectionRetryInterval = 300000 in file “wmq.jmsra.rar\META-INF\ra.xml” I was able to resolve the defect.

   In order to test the scenario I had set reconnectionRetryInterval = 60000 (1 min) and kept reconnectionRetryCount = 5 attempts only.  I was able to process the messages successfully. On shutting down the MQ and waiting for 5 mins then I found that messages were not processed even after starting MQ. As per the below link it’s clearly mentioned that If all attempts fail to connect MQ, delivery is stopped permanently until the MDBs are restarted manually.
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wmqv7/v7r0/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.mq.csqzaw.doc%2Fjm40190_.htm

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/websphere/library/techarticles/0710_ritchie/0710_ritchie.html

*Observation:*
   Let us assume that MQ will be down only for a period of 1 hour at any point of time, then the values will be reconnectionRetryCount = 12 and reconnectionRetryInterval = 300000 (5 mins) so that the jboss server continues to try connecting to MQ for every 5 mins upto 12 attempts ( Which also means the server will stop pinging MQ after 1 hour having tried to ping for 12 attempts). This is only applicable if the MQ goes down only for 1 hour, else the properties may have to be changed accordingly.

Start a new discussion in JBoss Messaging at Community
[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2042]