[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: JBPM5 - usage approaches/patterns question

Mauricio Salatino do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jul 13 10:19:14 EDT 2012

Mauricio Salatino [https://community.jboss.org/people/salaboy21] created the discussion

"Re: JBPM5 - usage approaches/patterns question"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/748042#748042

Hi Darren,
I think that you get most of the options right.
With jBPM5 you need to take into account the integration with the rule engine which bring new patterns into the picture. I'm about to public my second book about jBPM which will include a whole chapter about this topics. I'm not saying that you will need to buy the book in order to read about that, but as soon as I finish the book I will be blogging about those interesting topics.
Just for you to know you can also have like mini master servers which can be created inside an application or in a decoupled server to group a logical set of process that wants to be evaluated together.
As you mention there are a wide range of possiblities, depending on what do you want to achieve. You can embed jBPM in an Android device or you can run jBPM in a cluster of main frames.. all the things in the middle are possible nowadays.
Nowaday workflow engines are not tied to Web Services, so basically with jBPM and an integration frameowkr like Camel/Switchard ESB you can integrate no matter the transport layer what you want to use.
Hope it helps  :)