[jboss-user] [Beginner's Corner] - Re: Client-Server communication via JBoss 7

pascal salg do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jul 16 12:05:54 EDT 2012

pascal salg [https://community.jboss.org/people/paul_] created the discussion

"Re: Client-Server communication via JBoss 7"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/748276#748276

Hi,

I'm building a small instant messaging application (yes I know there are plenty out there, it's merely for educational purposes).

I already found a solution (storing values / messages in // retrieving values / messages from a singleton ejb), so no need for JMS.
(JMS would also bring the headache of how to notify the receiving client, since most clients will sit behind a NAT or firewall.. So I can't do "push".. instead I settled for quartz-scheduled polling)

Thanks for your response anyway =)

Greetings from Germany
ps

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2075]