[jboss-user] [JBoss Remoting] - Re: WorkerThread exception occured .... InvocationTargetException / SocketTimeoutException

Ron Sigal do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jul 17 18:12:44 EDT 2012

Ron Sigal [https://community.jboss.org/people/ron_sigal] created the discussion

"Re: WorkerThread exception occured .... InvocationTargetException / SocketTimeoutException"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/748587#748587

Hi Werner,

Sorry for the delay.  Have you made any progress?

1) The pooled invoker isn't part of Remoting, and I'm not very familiar with it.  I don't believe it is used by default in any Application Server subsystem.

2) There is no way in Java to control the ports assigned by ServerSockets.  However, the range can be set at the operating system level.  For example, see  http://http://www.ncftp.com/ncftpd/doc/misc/ephemeral_ports.html http://http://www.ncftp.com/ncftpd/doc/misc/ephemeral_ports.html

-Ron

Start a new discussion in JBoss Remoting at Community
[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2050]