[jboss-user] [JBoss Remoting] - Re: Is there a way to avoid a proxy server closing Jboss HTTPS connection on long requests?

Ron Sigal do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jul 17 21:16:17 EDT 2012

Ron Sigal [https://community.jboss.org/people/ron_sigal] created the discussion

"Re: Is there a way to avoid a proxy server closing Jboss HTTPS connection on long requests?"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/748602#748602

Hi Karen,

Unfortunately, I don't know of any obvious way to solve your problem.   If we were talking about a pure Remoting application (i.e., direct use of Remoting, rather than indirect use by way of EJBs), I would think of some kind of asynchronous architecture.  I.e., you make the invocation and get a URL back pointing to the eventual result.  Now, if you want to get crazy, you could wrap the EJB3 invocation handler, org.jboss.aspects.remoting.AOPRemotingInvocationHandler (see the configuration file $JBOSS_HOME/server/$CONFIG/deploy/ejb3-connections-jboss-beans.xml), in your own handler which caches results and returns a URL.  Then, when it sees the URL, it returns the result, or an indication that the result isn't ready yet.  It sounds like fun, kinda.

The latest version, Remoting 3, is a completely different code base that I don't know much about.

Sorry I couldn't help.

-Ron

Start a new discussion in JBoss Remoting at Community
[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2050]