[jboss-user] [EJB3] - Webservices on JBoss 5.1

K J Smith do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jul 20 11:59:32 EDT 2012

K J Smith [https://community.jboss.org/people/kjs218] created the discussion

"Webservices on JBoss 5.1"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/749325#749325

I am trying to get webservices working on JBoss 5.1

I have set up a very simple stateless bean accessing a single table

+ at Stateless+
+ at WebService(targetNamespace = " http://xxxxxxx.net http://xxxxxxx.net", serviceName = "AccountManagerService")+
+public class AccountManagerBean implements AccountManager {+

+       @PersistenceContext(unitName = "WebService")+
+    private EntityManager em;+

+    @WebMethod+
+    @Override+
+    public void createAccount(@WebParam(name = "name") final String name) {+

+        final Account account = new Account();+
+        account.setName(name);+
+        account.setAmount(0);+

+        System.out.println("em ... "+this.em);+
+        this.em.persist(account);+
+    }+
+... etc ...+

*This works FINE from a standard ejb-client*...

+...(some lines missed out!)...+
+AccountManager accountManager = (AccountManager) context.lookup("AccountManagerBean/remote");+
+accountManager.createAccount("Charles Bronson");+
+...+

Great!

I have then set up webservices using wsconsume and wsprovide - all went fine again.

Everything deployed fine too - since when running a webservices client ... the accountManager.createAccount() method *IS called (some debugging print statements that i added  DO output as expected)*

+...(some lines missed out!)...+
+AccountManagerService service = new AccountManagerService();+
+AccountManagerBean ejb = service.getAccountManagerBeanPort();+
+ejb.createAccount("Charles Bronson");+
+...+

*BUT the injected entity manager in the bean is null !! and so the process falls over*

Going back again  to the regular ejb client - all is still okay.

Does anyone have any ideas??

Start a new discussion in EJB3 at Community
[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2029]