[jboss-user] [jBPM] - How do you implement data persistence in jbpm5 and simulate multiple trials in between nodes?

Bing Lim do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jul 23 16:42:25 EDT 2012

Bing Lim [https://community.jboss.org/people/binglim] created the discussion

"How do you implement data persistence in jbpm5 and simulate multiple trials in between nodes?"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/749703#749703

1) How do you implement data persistence in jbpm5?
I've tried using hibernate and examples from  https://community.jboss.org/people/bpmn2user/blog/2011/02/27/helloprocess-example-using-jbpm5-eclipse-plug-in https://community.jboss.org/people/bpmn2user/blog/2011/02/27/helloprocess-example-using-jbpm5-eclipse-plug-in
However, the example is in jbpm5 and it's not working on my local workspace where I am using jbpm 5.3.
(Is there a straight-forward way in implementing persistence?)

2) In jbpm4, it allows simple loop-like cycle in between nodes (simulating multiple tries before cancelling the task), similar to the attached image.
    Instead of using multiple boundary event nodes and diverging/converging gateways, is there a similar node/function in jbpm5 that functions like the state node shown below?

 https://community.jboss.org/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/2-749703-19090/MultipleTrialsExample.JPG  https://community.jboss.org/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/2-749703-19090/450-212/MultipleTrialsExample.JPG

I've been trying to figure these out for weeks but to no avail. I hope to get some advice in resolving these issues.
Any help is appreciated. Thanks!