[jboss-user] [JBoss Web Services] - Authentication for intranet web services BASIC Auth or CLIENT_CERT

Aslam Khatri do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jul 24 07:41:34 EDT 2012

Aslam Khatri [https://community.jboss.org/people/aslamk] created the discussion

"Authentication for intranet web services BASIC Auth or CLIENT_CERT"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/749872#749872

Hello experts

I have 2 web applications say A and B running on same intranet network. Application A is used only by intranet users while Application B is also connected to internet. My web services are deployed on application A and the client of the webservices is Application B. My confusion is which authentication method is better for this scenario. Basic Authentication or Client Cert Authentication ?

Kindly suggest the best approach which can secure my web services with least impact on performance.

Thanks in advance.

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2044]