[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] - Deactivation of Maven's property-activated profile fails

Lukáš Fryč do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jul 26 05:37:09 EDT 2012

Lukáš Fryč [https://community.jboss.org/people/lfryc] created the discussion

"Deactivation of Maven's property-activated profile fails"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/750410#750410

I have created sample project to reproduce the issue.

This first sample works fine - you can activate/deactivate profiles as you want, dependencies will be resolved fine:
 https://github.com/lfryc/m2e-profile-activation-test/blob/master/pom.xml https://github.com/lfryc/m2e-profile-activation-test/blob/master/pom.xml

But with second sample, I have added property activation to both profiles.
 https://github.com/lfryc/m2e-profile-activation-test/blob/property-activation/pom.xml https://github.com/lfryc/m2e-profile-activation-test/blob/property-activation/pom.xml

Command-line usage is then:
$ mvn install -Djsf_profile=jsf_ri
or
$ mvn install -Djsf_profile=myfaces

But when used with M2E, property activation is not supported.
Thus I activate myfaces profile and deactivate jsf_ri profile.
Leading into following setup: "!jsf_ri, myfaces"

I expect only myfaces profile dependencies imported, but both, jsf_ri and myfaces dependencies are imported in this case.

----

Am I doing something wrong? Is this expected to work?

Can be profile deactivated no matter what activation it defines in POM?

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]