[jboss-user] [Snowdrop] - Re: Deployment Order With Spring

wolfch do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jul 26 18:59:21 EDT 2012

wolfch [https://community.jboss.org/people/wolfch] created the discussion

"Re: Deployment Order With Spring"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/750587#750587

This may or may not help, but in my case, I had some Spring-configured object which depended on JNDI.  What I did was delay the deployment of the whole spring-deployer before the bean which implements JNDI naming.  JBoss does have a <depends/> tag for stating dependency on a service, but that's for the mbean schema, besides, I suppose that service names, themselves depend on the Naming service.  In any case, the deployment schema also has <depends/>, so I modified the spring-deployer deployment descriptor (spring-deployer/META-INF/spring-deployers-jboss-beans.xml)  such that it's two bean declarations are:

    <bean name="SpringParserDeployer" class="org.jboss.spring.deployers.vfs3.SpringParserDeployer">
      <depends>RemoteNamingBean</depends>
    </bean>

    <bean name="ApplicationContextDeployer" class="org.jboss.spring.deployers.ApplicationContextDeployer">
      <depends>RemoteNamingBean</depends>
    </bean>

Start a new discussion in Snowdrop at Community
[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2082]