[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: Unable to complete a task when running the task in a separate thread

Dino Antonelli do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jun 1 12:52:24 EDT 2012

Dino Antonelli [https://community.jboss.org/people/dino.antonelli] created the discussion

"Re: Unable to complete a task when running the task in a separate thread"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/739390#739390

Hi Kris,
I've the same problem as Connie. I've a different thread that is running the handler and I'm also experiencing the above NullPointerException during the its execution. I've passed, as you suggested, the ksession to the handler so I call "ksession.getWorkItemManager().completeWorkItem" to complete the execution. Anyway I'm getting the exception very frequently. I've read that there must be a transaction to have a successful complete but it seems that the thread that makes the call always run inside a transaction; below my snippet of code:

TransactionManager tm = TransactionManagerLocator.getInstance().locate();
boolean transactionStarted = false;
if(tm.getStatus() == Status.STATUS_NO_TRANSACTION) {
          transactionStarted = true;
          tm.begin();
}
this.ksession.getWorkItemManager().completeWorkItem(wi.getId(), inputParameters);
if(transactionStarted) {
          tm.commit();
}

It seems that I've never execute the begin because thre's always an active transaction.
Have you any idea?
thnks in advance
Dino