[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] - Re: How do we use JBoss Tools with the JBoss AS 7 Fedora package?

Dan Allen do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Jun 3 01:45:52 EDT 2012

Dan Allen [https://community.jboss.org/people/dan.j.allen] created the discussion

"Re: How do we use JBoss Tools with the JBoss AS 7 Fedora package?"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/739509#739509

I figured out the problem. The Maven Integration for Eclipse plugin is attempting to write a file to the JBOSS_HOME/standalone/tmp directory, even when the temporary deploy directory is specified elsewhere. I caught it trying to write this file:

*/var/cache/jboss-as/standalone/tmp/tmp3463101666163615035.MF*
Manifest-Version: 1.0
Built-By: fedora
Build-Jdk: 1.7.0_b147-icedtea
Created-By: Maven Integration for Eclipse

If I change the ownership of the tmp directory to the current user, the deployment succeeds (all the files are copied into the specified deploy directory).

A quickfix for this problem is to make this tmp directory world writable (i.e., chmod 777) or to add the current user to the jboss-as group, since the directory is currently setup as:

drwxrwxr-x. 5 fedora jboss-as 4096 /var/cache/jboss-as/standalone/tmp

So now we know. Look for the code that writes this temporary file.

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]