[jboss-user] [JBoss Web Services] - encapsulation of soapexception

Paolo Collector do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jun 5 10:50:22 EDT 2012

Paolo Collector [https://community.jboss.org/people/paolocollector2] created the discussion

"encapsulation of soapexception"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/739956#739956

Hi
we have declared in our server application some exceptions that we want to return to the invoking client. We used subclasses of soapexecption to make sure they are reported in the wsdl.
However when we throw such an exception the client receives instead a generic soapexception, with the custom one incapsulated.
This defeats the purpose of having custom exceptions because the client proxy is auto generated and cannot customize the handling of the exception.
Is this a wanted behaviour? can it be changed or configured?

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2044]