[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: Problem with Rest Interface in JBPM 5.2

Dirk Meyer do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jun 6 09:06:35 EDT 2012

Dirk Meyer [https://community.jboss.org/people/meyerschalk] created the discussion

"Re: Problem with Rest Interface in JBPM 5.2"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/740162#740162

Here is some web sites for you to read -  http://docs.oracle.com/javaee/1.4/tutorial/doc/Security5.html http://docs.oracle.com/javaee/1.4/tutorial/doc/Security5.html and  http://docs.jboss.org/jbossas/jboss4guide/r5/html/ch8.chapter.html http://docs.jboss.org/jbossas/jboss4guide/r5/html/ch8.chapter.html

Basically in the gwt-console-server the rest services is expost and use form base authentications - so what happen is that you have called a secure web pages, and are redirected to a page to ask you your user credentials -
The authentication screen ask you to do a http "Post" on the submit to the j_security_check ( with the post you are forced to pass the j_username and j_password variables as parameters - in a get the call would habe looked something like this
 http://localhost:8080/gwt-console-server/rs/process/j_security_check?j_username=admin&j_password=admin http://localhost:8080/gwt-console-server/rs/process/j_security_check?j_username=admin&j_password=admin
 you have to do this with on the same httpclient otherwise you will get a timeout.
S#o all Form base pages will have this behaviour..

in my code it look something like this

String secUrl = _jbpmRest+"/process/j_security_check";

++logger++.info("start sec url:------>" (https://community.jboss.org/------>" secUrl "\n\n\n\n)+secUrl+"\n\n\n\n" (https://community.jboss.org/------>" secUrl "\n\n\n\n));content = authenticate(secUrl, _userId , _password);
_jbpmRest is the offset to http://localhost:8080/gwt-consoel-server/rs (https://community.jboss.org/localhost:8080/gwt-consoel-server/rs) - this is not hard coded for obvious reasons
Basically if you are autheticated in a httpclient session then that authentication will be valid for the life of the session
_userid, and _password is the authentication credential for the user I am logged in as....

I know that you want to get started and build some workflows, but I can suggest that get a good grounding in j2ee web applications and there are a range of free internet resources available  to get started like the pages I suggest earlier. Or you can join Safari online and enjoy some of the online books they have available

I hope this help. .