[jboss-user] [Performance Tuning] - JBoss AS 7 - High virtual memory

sandy m do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jun 7 03:55:54 EDT 2012

sandy m [https://community.jboss.org/people/sandy_m] created the discussion

"JBoss AS 7 - High virtual memory"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/740357#740357

Hi,

I have been observing high virtual memory for JBoss Java process on Linux machine.
top command shows residential memory 1.1GB whereas virtual memory is 3GB.
Why is JBoss showing such high amount of virtual memory. We have been observing performance related problems these days and hence trying to monitor memory utilization patterns.
So is that normal behaviour or indicate something wrong with our application deployed on JBoss.

JVM memory options - -Xms=1024m -Xmx=2048m -XX::MaxPermSize=512m

Thanks.

Start a new discussion in Performance Tuning at Community
[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2078]