[jboss-user] [JBoss Web Services] - Re: Bizzare host re-write in JAX-WS client on JB7.0.2

Eric B do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jun 7 11:43:46 EDT 2012

Eric B [https://community.jboss.org/people/benze] created the discussion

"Re: Bizzare host re-write in JAX-WS client on JB7.0.2"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/740478#740478

> Alessio Soldano wrote:
>
> Bus mybus = BusFactory.newInstance().createBus();
> try {
>   Bus orig = BusFactory.getThreadDefaultBus();
>   BusFactory.setThreadDefaultBus(mybus);
>   ... client usage ...
> } finally {
>   BusFactory.setThreadDefaultBus(orig);
>   ... evaluate shutting down mybus or storing it somewhere if you don't want to rebuild it...

Does this not start becoming  CXF specific in this case as opposed to being provider agnostic?  Currently, my code is all written using jax-ws (javax.xml.ws.*) api which allows me to use it in either JBoss (CXF) or WebSphere (Axis2) without problems.  However, this issue does not surface in websphere (axis2) - only jboss.  And I would rather keep it stack independent.

Thanks,

Eric

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2044]