[jboss-user] [jBPM] - jbpm 5.3.final postgres issue

Miloud Haimoune do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jun 8 08:31:31 EDT 2012

Miloud Haimoune [https://community.jboss.org/people/milhaim] created the discussion

"jbpm 5.3.final postgres issue"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/740678#740678

Hi all,

I'm  migrating the code of my application to use jbpm latest release (5.3.final). but I'm facing  this exception when I create a new process instance :

13:01:13,688 WARN  [JDBCExceptionReporter] SQL Error: 0, SQLState: 42804
13:01:13,688 ERROR [JDBCExceptionReporter] ERROR: column "processinstancebytearray" is of type oid but expression is of type bytea
  Hint: You will need to rewrite or cast the expression.
  Position: 149.

I found a post wich advises to use a recent version of hibernate 3.6.final. but I m using jboss 5.1 which provides hibenate 3.1 and I don't think it's very wise hibernate (used by another application).

the some code was working fine with JBPM 5.2.final

 if you have any solution ??

many thanks