[jboss-user] [JBoss Web Services] - JBossWS - Installation

Kuntal Mondal do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jun 11 13:49:59 EDT 2012

Kuntal Mondal [https://community.jboss.org/people/jbossuser71] commented on the document

"JBossWS - Installation"

To view all comments on this document, visit: https://community.jboss.org/docs/DOC-13545#comment-10050

I am not following you much... is this your first project with Jboss?
You wanted to install "JBossWS with Apache CXF integration"  or similar - correct?
If the answer is "yes"  then download the appropriate binary distribution, and unzip it into any local folder.
Go to that folder using "Windows Explorer" or using a "command line DOS window" and you will see that all required files are extracted there.
That is the directory I am talking about.

Now rename or copy the existing *ant.properties.example*s file to *ant.properties* there and edit that file appropriately.
I believe there are only 2 fields to modify -
 *jboss600.home*=<put the full path of your JBoss installation here>
 *jbossws.integration.target*=jboss600

Now from the same directory, using a DOS window, execute teh following ant command
*ant deploy-jboss600*

Note: You have to have "ant" installed in the same machine - if you don't have ant, then download 'ant',  install it and put the "ant\bin" directory in your SYSTEM path so that you can access "ant" utility from anywhere in your local file system.