[jboss-user] [Snowdrop] - Re: Deployment Order With Spring

mrjb do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jun 11 16:26:35 EDT 2012

mrjb [https://community.jboss.org/people/mrjb] created the discussion

"Re: Deployment Order With Spring"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/741081#741081

*bump*

I am also interested in how to solve this. I would suspect I have a pretty basic use case, using JBoss 7.1.1, Snowdrop 2.0.2 and Spring 3.1.1. My application in it's simplest form looks like this:

myapp.ear

+- META-INF
|  |
|  +- MANIFEST.MF
|  +- application.xml

+- lib
|  |

|  +- spring-3.1.1-jars.jar
|  +- other-jars.jar

+- myapp.spring
+- myapp.war

My .war has a beanRefContext.xml that is trying to lookup the JNDI name that the SpringDeployer should have registered, which fails because the JNDI name is not found. There is also some randomness attached to this because for a while it did actually work, the JNDI name was found and deployment continued. I then copied some .jars on the JBoss servers, which I suspect might have modified their timestamps or something similar, in case that's one of the factors for deciding deployment order, and after that it has stopped working.

My application.xml file looks like this:

<application>
  (...)
  <initialize-in-order>true</initialize-in-order>
  <module>
    <java>./myapp.spring</java>
  </module>
  <module>
    <web>
      <web-uri>myapp.war</web-uri>
      <context-root>myapp</context-root>
    </web>
  </module>
</...>

I can't managed to get this working... My company is using JBoss 4.2 and there it is working fine, but we are figuring it's time to upgrade. I don't really need to keep the same deployment structure either it's just that I want a main Spring context to be deployed that other WAR's (and also MDB's) can access.

Any ideas?  :)

Start a new discussion in Snowdrop at Community
[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2082]