[jboss-user] [JBoss Web Services] - Re: CXF services in a war

Steffen Krause do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jun 13 09:57:51 EDT 2012

Steffen Krause [https://community.jboss.org/people/kimba74] created the discussion

"Re: CXF services in a war"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/741480#741480

Hi spyhunter99,

I was in the exact same situation a few weeks back, that's what I have found out:
* When you deploy your services in a war you configure them as usual in the web.xml however it is JBossWS' CXF implementation that is handling and registering your endpoints
* The jbossws-cxf.xml gives you the possibility to refine these configured endpoints even more but your JBoss AS must have the Spring libraries installed
* CXF creates an instance of your endpoints as configured in web.xml and places them as beans on the bus and names the {namespace}ServiceName and {namespace}PortName so in order for your jbossws-cxf.xml to pick up the correct CXF beans your <jaxws:endpoint> configuration has to match your jax-ws information

One thing I noticed (and I still have an unanswered post on here) is the fact that not every part of the jbossws-cxf.xml is being picked up. For example my <jaxws:client> configuration is completely ignored.

Let me know if you have further questions and I'll try if I can answer them.

--Steffen

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2044]