[jboss-user] [JBoss Web Services] - Re: CXF services in a war

Alessio Soldano do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jun 13 11:23:54 EDT 2012

Alessio Soldano [https://community.jboss.org/people/asoldano] created the discussion

"Re: CXF services in a war"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/741514#741514

Thanks Steffen for summing this up.
To be honest, the documentation at [1] applies to JBossWS-CXF 3.x and is now to be replaced by [2] (for current jbossws trunk) and [3] (for version in AS 7.1). The front page at  https://community.jboss.org/docs/DOC-13504 https://community.jboss.org/wiki/JBossWS mentions the JBossWS 4.x doc is served at  https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/JBWS https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/JBWS . This said, I can probably see if this topic can be better explained.

To give you a bit of history, the jbossws-cxf.xml is basically the leftover of the initial (jbossws-cxf-3.0.x) integration with Apache CXF, when Spring was strictly required. Thanks to the evolution of Apache CXF and due to the need of avoiding depending on Spring, we slowly moved to a new integration allowing cxf based endpoint deployment without the need of going through a spring DD nor a spring application context at all.
Anyway, we kept the option of installing spring and using jbossws-cxf.xml for those needing specific configuration things provided throught spring bean declarations.

So spyhunder99, unless you need to tune specific spring bean things, you can simply avoid bothering creating a jbossws-cxf.xml / cxf.xml descriptor and declare your endpoints in the web.xml (you might not even need that nowadays, with JSR 109 1.3 / Servlet 3).

Regarding the <jaxws:client>, Steffen, I need to check some things first, then I'll reply you in the other thread.

[1]  https://community.jboss.org/docs/DOC-13562 https://community.jboss.org/wiki/JBossWS-StackCXFUserGuide
[2]  https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/JBWS/Apache+CXF+integration https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/JBWS/Apache+CXF+integration
[3]  https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/AS71/Apache+CXF+integration https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/AS71/Apache+CXF+integration

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2044]