[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Problem defining variable types

Julian Zorzenon do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jun 14 13:58:41 EDT 2012

Julian Zorzenon [https://community.jboss.org/people/shulito] created the discussion

"Problem defining variable types"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/741824#741824

Hi. I have a process and I've defined two variables (as properties): 'nombreUsuario' (which is a String) and 'existe' (wich is a boolean). The configuration looks like this:

 https://community.jboss.org/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/2-741824-18748/nombreUsuario.png  https://community.jboss.org/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/2-741824-18748/450-67/nombreUsuario.png
 https://community.jboss.org/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/2-741824-18749/existe.png  https://community.jboss.org/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/2-741824-18749/450-66/existe.png
When I try to start the process, I get two process compilation errors regarding the variable 'existe': "Incompatible operand types Object and boolean". The variable 'existe' is in the constraint of two outoing sequence flows of an inclusive diverging gateway, and that's the cause of the errors (if I remove the constraints it doesn't show any errors). The variable 'nombreUsuario' it's declared in the same way and it works just fine.

Any idea what the problem might be??

Thanks