[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - XA transaction does not work correctly

fregg do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jun 19 09:31:52 EDT 2012

fregg [https://community.jboss.org/people/fregg] created the discussion

"XA transaction does not work correctly"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/742713#742713

Hello,

i encountered strange problem. I test XA with different JMS providers and JBoss 5.1.

Currently I test JBoss Messaging 1.4.8. It has two queues: X and Y.

On the JBoss 5.1 I deployed 2 MDBs.
First MDB is listening on Queue X and sends message to Queue Y.
Second MDB is listening on Queue Y and sends message to Queue X.

With this scenario, assuming that transactions works correctly, the sum of messages on Queues X and Y should be constant.

Unfortunately it isn't...

When I crash the JBoss(with kill -9) I can see that some messages are missing. It happens also when i crash the JBM server.

I use Oracle as persistence in JBM.

Here is my connection factory def:
<tx-connection-factory>
     <jndi-name>JmsXA</jndi-name>
           <xa-transaction/>

           <track-connection-by-tx />
     <rar-name>jms-ra.rar</rar-name>
     <connection-definition>org.jboss.resource.adapter.jms.JmsConnectionFactory</connection-definition>
     <config-property name="SessionDefaultType" type="java.lang.String">javax.jms.Queue</config-property>
     <config-property name="JmsProviderAdapterJNDI" type="java.lang.String">java:/DefaultJMSProvider</config-property>
     <max-pool-size>20</max-pool-size>

     <!--security-domain-and-application>JmsXARealm</security-domain-and-application-->
</tx-connection-factory>

Start a new discussion in JBoss Messaging at Community
[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2042]