[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] - Re: Please help me solve this problem i have with hibernate tools.Thanks

Geo George do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jun 25 17:19:53 EDT 2012

Geo George [https://community.jboss.org/people/geogeorge] created the discussion

"Re: Please help me solve this problem i have with hibernate tools.Thanks"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/744104#744104

I am positive.And i have double checked
I have just installed  a clean eclipse indigo 3.7.2 ( rhis one- http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/download.php?file=/technology/epp/downloads/release/indigo/SR2/eclipse-modeling-indigo-SR2-win32.zip) and a new workspace +added hibernate tools via eclipse "install new software " option. I have not yet added the hibernate 3.6.10 jars to the build path. Just the jdbc4 jar for postgres 9.0 ( the newest jar version i found for my pg). i got the following error after trying to generate hibernate mapping files from a new databse.

i get the following error
org.hibernate.console.HibernateConsoleRuntimeException: Received a NoClassDefFoundError, probably the console configuration classpath is incomplete or contains conflicting versions of the same class
Received a NoClassDefFoundError, probably the console configuration classpath is incomplete or contains conflicting versions of the same class
  java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/objectweb/asm/Type
  org/objectweb/asm/Type
 java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/objectweb/asm/Type
 org/objectweb/asm/Type
    java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.objectweb.asm.Type
    org.objectweb.asm.Type

Here's how my proj  looked like when i got the error

 http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/9076/ss20120625263721.png  (http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/9076/ss20120625263721.png)

if i add the other jars like  in the next picture
 http://img542.imageshack.us/img542/4963/ss20120625255021.png  http://img542.imageshack.us/img542/4963/ss20120625255021.png
i get the following error:

org.hibernate.console.HibernateConsoleRuntimeException: Received a NoClassDefFoundError, probably the console configuration classpath is incomplete or contains conflicting versions of the same class
org.hibernate.console.HibernateConsoleRuntimeException: Received a NoClassDefFoundError, probably the console configuration classpath is incomplete or contains conflicting versions of the same class
Received a NoClassDefFoundError, probably the console configuration classpath is incomplete or contains conflicting versions of the same class
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class org.hibernate.cfg.reveng.OverrideRepository

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]