[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: Exception handling for technical exceptions

M S do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jun 26 06:45:51 EDT 2012

M S [https://community.jboss.org/people/marcomr] created the discussion

"Re: Exception handling for technical exceptions"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/744198#744198

Hi Maciej,
thanks for your answer.

That would be my preferred approach. My only doubt is how would I perform the handling from this wrapper.
I've looked into the KnowledgeSessionAware interface solution that Kris suggested in other topic ( https://community.jboss.org/thread/168600 https://community.jboss.org/thread/168600) and have this implemented in an embedded scenario, but I'm not sure how I'd implement this to work on processes initiated via the jbpm-console without having to fork jBPM code. Also Kris provided an implementation for a work item handler that is session aware (in  https://github.com/droolsjbpm/jbpm/blob/master/jbpm-workitems/src/main/java/org/jbpm/process/workitem/AbstractWorkItemHandler.java#L40 https://github.com/droolsjbpm/jbpm/blob/master/jbpm-workitems/src/main/java/org/jbpm/process/workitem/AbstractWorkItemHandler.java#L40) but again I couldn't find any integration with a jbpm-console started process.

So is there any preferred approach for this? Is it possible, if we go the signaling route, by configuration, to switch the work item manager used by jbpm-console so that it passes the session to the handlers?

Thanks for your time!
Best regards,
Marco