[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: Using multiple kSessions

Richard Evans do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jun 27 11:23:32 EDT 2012

Richard Evans [https://community.jboss.org/people/r3vans] created the discussion

"Re: Using multiple kSessions"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/744570#744570

Hello Maurcion.

What are you trying to achieve with the multiple sessions?
*=> Get some throughput. I have some latent service tasks so want some concurrency.*
*=> I realise that an alternative would be to make the service tasks async but this option (I thought) would be a little easier.*

I mean, what's the purpose of having multiple sessions?
*=> Without multiple sessions, multiple threads synchronise on kSession methods and activity is not concurrent*

Are you running a process in each of those sessions?.
*=> Yes.*

When are the threads being called?
=> I have a request queue (specific to my app) which is queried in one scheduler thread.
=> When the scheduler finds a request it hands to a thread from a pool. Each thread in the pool has its own ksession and starts a corresponding process.
(=> If the process hits a timer then it resumes in a session-specific time  thread.)

Does this make sense?
Thanks for your help!
Richard