[jboss-user] [jBPM] - jbpm 5.3 - GenericCommandBasedWSHumanTaskHandler and LocalTaskService, how to use it?

Pedro Gonçalves do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jun 28 11:05:02 EDT 2012

Pedro Gonçalves [https://community.jboss.org/people/pgoncalves] created the discussion

"jbpm 5.3 - GenericCommandBasedWSHumanTaskHandler and LocalTaskService, how to use it?"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/744818#744818

I was using the deprecated class SyncWSHumanTaskHandler like this:

SyncWSHumanTaskHandler handler = new SyncWSHumanTaskHandler(localTaskService, kSession);
handler.setLocal(true)
kSession.getWorkItemManager().registerWorkItemHandler("Human Task", handler);
handler.connect();

But since I'm using persistence and in the docs says to use the CommandBasedWSHumanTaskHandler I want to change it, but I can't set the client as the localTaskService.

GenericCommandBasedWSHumanTaskHandler handler = new GenericCommandBasedWSHumanTaskHandler(kSession);
kSession.getWorkItemManager().registerWorkItemHandler("Human Task", handler);

When executing, gives this error:

java.lang.IllegalStateException: You must provide a client connector for the Client using the setClient() method
at org.jbpm.process.workitem.wsht.GenericCommandBasedWSHumanTaskHandler.connect(GenericCommandBasedWSHumanTaskHandler.java:122)
at org.jbpm.process.workitem.wsht.GenericCommandBasedWSHumanTaskHandler.executeWorkItem(GenericCommandBasedWSHumanTaskHandler.java:137)

Is it possible to use the GenericCommandBasedWSHumanTaskHandler with the LocalTaskService?
Or,
How can I use it without using HornetQ, Mina or JMS?

Thanks