[jboss-user] [Beginner's Corner] - Web Service

Mike Caputo do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jun 29 18:01:48 EDT 2012

Mike Caputo [https://community.jboss.org/people/eequalsmcaputo] created the discussion

"Web Service"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/745173#745173

Hello all,

I'm new to JBoss and to Java (a few months).  My background is in .NET / SQL Server, and this stuff is a lot easier there.

So, what I'm trying to do is create a web service that does the following:

1) Allow the (mobile) user to upload an image
2) Store that image in a database
3) Respond to the user with a success message
4) Send notifications out to the user's friends

I've looked all over the place, and there's lots of documentation, but I'm getting a little overwhelmed.  I know I need to create a service with a POST method, and have it reply with an HttpResponse.  I just can't seem to figure out the best way to do that - I keep running into walls of assumed knowledge that I don't have.  I can handle the database part of it, and the notifications can come later.  So I'm really hoping someone can point me to a step-by-step that includes instructions on creating a basic service with a POST method and hopefully some instruction on building the response object.

Thanks, and I look forward to learning JBoss!

Mike

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2075]