[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Register an External Event in a Process

Vithushan N do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Mar 2 15:37:13 EST 2012

Vithushan N [https://community.jboss.org/people/vnama] created the discussion

"Register an External Event in a Process"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/721248#721248

Hello everyone!

I am very new to jBPM and I'm trying to communicate with an external application of mine. I'd like to create a process which will at some point pause and wait for an external signal. I need my external application to trigger this signal and resume the process. When my process hits the pause, I need to the process to register my external application, and give my application the neccessary information to signal back to the process. For example I'm guessing that my application would need the proccess id or task id, but I'm not sure what else. Does anyone have any insights on how I can go about this?

Thank you so much!