[jboss-user] [Beginner's Corner] - Re: Application logging in server.log though application logs are seperated.

Harika Yada do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Mar 7 08:01:22 EST 2012

Harika Yada [https://community.jboss.org/people/harika.yada] created the discussion

"Re: Application logging in server.log though application logs are seperated."

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/722105#722105

Thank you Fink.

I have added the category tag and removed the appender-ref from the root tag as mentioned by you.
I have got a new issue now, the server log is updated as usual by all the application logs too while the application logs are empty.
Will you please tell me why this is happening?

These are categories I have added :

 <category name="com.abc.rest.constants" >
    <priority value="DEBUG" />
    <appender-ref ref="ABCWAR" />
   </category>
   <category name="com.abc.rest.output" >
    <priority value="DEBUG" />
    <appender-ref ref="ABCWAR" />
   </category>
    <category name="com.abc.rest.service.application" >
    <priority value="DEBUG" />
    <appender-ref ref="ABCWAR" />
   </category>
   <category name="com.abc.rest.service.dbhandler" >
    <priority value="DEBUG" />
    <appender-ref ref="ABCWAR" />
   </category>

<root>