[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] - Remote Server Configuration does not match JBoss 7 directory layout

djabba74 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Mar 9 05:32:06 EST 2012

djabba74 [https://community.jboss.org/people/djabba74] created the discussion

"Remote Server Configuration does not match JBoss 7 directory layout"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/722768#722768

Hi

In Eclipse Runtime Server, I'm trying to configure a remote Runtime Server.  (JBoss 7.1, running in a CentOS VM).

It looks like the *Remote Server Configuration* is hard coded to the directory structure of JBoss 6 or earlier and does not work with JBoss 7. The "Test" button obviously looks for the existence of path <Remote Server Home> + "/*server*/" + <Remote Server Configuration>

*Problem 1*: The JBoss AS 7 layout obviously does no longer have a "server/" directory.
workaround:
{code}
mkdir server
cd server
ln -s ../standalone
{code}
*Problem 2*: The default value "default" in the field Remote Server Configuration will not work, there is no default/ in JBoss 7.
*Problem 3*: How to specify the standalone-full.xml profile, which resides in the standalone/configuration/ directory?

*Problem 4*: The claim "The remote server is properly configured." by just testing for the existence of the remote directory is far from my expectation of a rudimentary, static server configuration analysis... I pointed it to an empty directory and it still claimed that the remote server is properly configured.

Could someone please confirm my findings?

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]