[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: How to model human-task with sub-employees

Maciej Swiderski do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Mar 9 08:57:52 EST 2012

Maciej Swiderski [https://community.jboss.org/people/swiderski.maciej] created the discussion

"Re: How to model human-task with sub-employees"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/722816#722816

I meant to have single process instance but multiple instances of human task that is assigned to review. So, in that case iteration of the loop will be for a level in a hierarchy of employees. That could mean there will be only one employee responsible for review (at CEO level) or there could be number of employees (at lower levels).
In first case (CEO), there will be single instance of Perform Review human task that will prevent of going further unless review was completed. Next assign new reviewers will be responsible for looking into some service to get list of downstream employees responsible for review (and that could be more than one) and will start new iteration. Perform review should be multipleinstance node that can create any number of instances of that human task and assign to every reviewer from given collection. Again all employees on the same level can work in parallel with their tasks. I think process instance will wait for all employees on given level to finish their tasks before new iteration will start - is that acceptable in your case?

HTH