[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: InvocationTargetException when creating StatefulKnowledgeSession

Tim Kutz do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Mar 9 15:54:36 EST 2012

Tim Kutz [https://community.jboss.org/people/tim.kutz] created the discussion

"Re: InvocationTargetException when creating StatefulKnowledgeSession"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/722934#722934

For a bit more info, it seems that the issue with transaction participation is peculiar to the newStatefulKnowledgeSession() call.  When loading one from the database with JPAKnowledgeService.loadStatefuleKnowledgeSession(), it participates normally, and wrapping the UserTransaction around it causes issues, instead.  Having to work with transactions in different modes like this really is bad for maintenance, as it adds a level of complexity to the whole system.  I wasn't able to find anything in the Jira issues about this, is it a known issue already?  I should be able to provide a unit test to replicate it without much effort, if that would help.